Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Penang Seafood Restaurant - An Excellent Penang Prawn Noodle and Assam Laksa Place

Truth be told, I have always been more of a fan of the Katong Laksa variant, and recently, I just stated that Sungei Laksa gets my vote as my personal favorite of all laksas out there.

But I was brought recently to this delightful and charming place just next to Aljunied MRT Station, which serves one of the best, if not, the best Penang Assam Laksa locally.

The place is simply called Penang Seafood Restaurant and has both air conditioned and non-air con seating.

As we already had a full meal prior to coming here, we only ordered 2 of their most popular dishes, namely the assam laksa and the fried prawn noodles.

Penang Assam Laksa

The colors looked really vibrant and the prawns themselves were huge and tempting indeed. Topped with bean sprouts and a cooked egg, it certainly did not disappoint.

The broth was sweet and flavorful, although it did have a tad bit more MSG than what I would have liked, but nevertheless, it had a strong, robust taste to it.

Fried Prawn Noodle

What surprised me was this fantastic fried prawn noodle filled with squid, clams and prawns that really had me floored.

It was fried really well, with a great taste of wok hei, and you could still get some remnants of wok char slightly on the dish, and it certainly had that wonderful char flavor to it.

Again, the MSG seemed a bit too much, but the flavors and taste was just too good to deny ourselves.

This is one of the best fried prawn noodles I have had, Penang, Singapore or otherwise. I definitely need to make another trip to savor some of their other Penang delicacies.

Penang Seafood Restaurant
76 Geylang Lorong 25A 

3 comments:

  1. Is it normal for Chinese cuisines or Asian Cuisines (im not sure) to contain MSG? They look and taste very yummy but I really do get a headache after eating a dish..

    uk web hosting
    web hosting

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love everything seafood! thanks for sharing!

    digital printers
    litho printers

    ReplyDelete
  3. prawn noodles! now i crave for one now!

    cctv camera kits
    cctv installation

    ReplyDelete