Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf - Christmas Treats

This post is written by Pauline Ang.

Times flies when you are busy. Christmas  quietly sneaks up behind you as you go about your ways.

The first hint of the Christmas mood this year is noticeably different from previous years. The Silver Chef, aka my hubby, was invited by Coffee Bean and Tea Leaves for the Christmas party at the Coffee Beanstro at Suntec City to indulge in this year’s Christmas treats and pastries. 

He challenged me to attend the event for him and write my first ever blog post for him. I gladly took up the challenge, and decided to bring my sister along to join in the festivities. 

When we reached our destination, the Beanstro was already decked out in Christmas tones. A tableful of Christmas sweets were already there waiting for us to devour with our cameras and mouths. I knew I was going to have sugar-overdose for the night. 

I like log cakes, mainly because they look beautiful. Those miniature figurines on the log cakes all seem to have a story to tell. You could almost picture Santa Claus coming out from his snow house and admiring the snowy mountain and cone-shaped trees with reindeers peeping behind the bushes. It’s always delightful to see and visualise different stories concocted by the bakers. 

We were pleasantly surprised to know that the Christmas event actually included a Design a Log Cake Contest. I was pretty thrilled about it, not because the winners could walk away with coffee machines but we could let our imagination run wild. 

Drinks are essential to every party and for this event, we were treated to 3 holiday concoctions. Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle, Double Chocolate Peppermint Mocha and Peppermint Stick Tea Latte. I loved the Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle, the hazelnutty chocolaty taste evoking the scent of Christmas. The peppermint mocha was good too but just a little too sweet for me. 

Apple and Peach Chantilly Log Cake

We were then presented with the Christmas sweet treats. In addition to the classic log cakes, they are also offering the Apple and Peach Chantilly Log Cake and Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Log Cake for the festive season. 

Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Cake

My partner-in-crime liked the Apple & Peach though I preferred the Peanut Butter more. The Apple & Peach Log Cake was lighter in texture but it will definitely score better due to its more generous chunks of apple and peaches. 

I always have a soft spot for peanut butter. The combination of peanut butter with dark chocolate made it less sweet and different from the typical log cakes. I might just get this for my Christmas party!

Christmas Chicago Cheesecake

Often, food tastes better than it looks. The Christmas Chicago Cheesecake just did not catch my attention at the photo shoot (hence the ugly photo). Surprising, I love this the most. I adore cheese cakes and this was soft, light and creamy. I can eat the whole cheese all on my own. 

Christmas Party Pack

There are other Christmas delights from Coffee Bean as well, such as the Gingerbread House, Gingerbread man, Cranberry Panettone, Yuzu fruit cake, Blueberry Noisette and Christmas Stollen. If you want to have a bit of everything, go for their Christmas Party Pack. There are 20 in a pack with 4 treasures to sample. 

Customised Log Cake by Yours Truly

The fun part of this tasting event was DIY log cake contest. We made some new friends at the event and together we designed a log cake with the objective of telling a story. 

We had Mr Snowman skiing down a creamy mountain to meet Santa at the foot of the log-shaped mountain to spread some Christmas joy. We did not win the contest, but still we had so much fun and besides, Christmas is coming so all is good. 

I, like many others, like the festive mood Christmas brings. If you are already in the Christmas mood, do bring your friends and families to any of the Coffee Bean outlets and try their festive drinks. If you are thinking of getting log cakes and snacks for your Christmas party, you might want to place your order before 18 December 2014, 12 noon.

All the treats (with the exception of the DIY log cakes) are now available at all Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf outlets.

1 comment: