Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mushroom Cappuccino

I first had this delightful concoction in a Les Amis outlet here called The Canteen, which has since been rebranded as La Strada. Just had to try this for myself at home and came up with my own version of it.

I use a mix of mushrooms (button, shitake etc) and dice them. Slice some onions and garlic and sautee all of them in a pan until the flavors are brought out. Splash just a dash of white wine and let the alcohol burn up. Add in lots of chicken stock/broth for the soup base.

Let it simmer for at least 30 mins in order to let the flavors come through and afterwards, add some heavy cream. Pour the entire mixture into a blender and blend it thoroughly. Strain the mixture through to obtain a very fine textured soup, and it should look like fine coffee at this point.

To serve, pour it into capuccino cups and add some sprinkle of coffee powder (Illy's is my choice) and add a bit of cream on top and just a tiny drop of truffle oil. That's it, Mushroom Cappuccino!

1 comment:

  1. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. Thanks for staying so upfront and so sincere.

    ReplyDelete