Wednesday, June 15, 2011

SaladStop! at One George Street Next to OCBC Building With Video

I have never been a big salad person, and I believe that applies to most food lovers too. There's something that is very stripped down, flavor wise when it comes to eating just greens.

But recently, my trip to SaladStop! has somewhat made me a convert. And for good reason too. It came as a surprise then that having a bowl of salad can comprise of interesting flavors and taste.

According to the folks at SS, they have started their first outlet one and a half years ago, but have since expanded to 6 more, and all neatly tucked in the central business zone.

Reaching the place, I was pleasantly surprised how cosy and spacious the place was. Decored in obvious green, it really looked like the perfect place to grab and executive lunch and doing breakout coffee sessions for meeting and such.

A
Amazing range of ingredients

Queuing up at the counter, I was immediately blown away by the incredible array of fresh and even exotic ingredients on offer. The staff was also very friendly and enthusiastic, a sign of very good training by the owners.

Fantastic Wrap

This beautifully presented wrap had a mixture of diced falafel and veggies laced with a middle eastern spice that was immediately aromatic and flavorful. The wrap skin itself had a good texture without overly doughy. It was certainly better than I expected.

Oh Crab Lah! or Chilli Crab Salad

Even better was this bowl of curiously concocted mixure of garden veggies with crabsticks, all thrown in what I can only described as a chilli vinigrette. Either way, this was a perfect way to take salads as a full meal. Somehow, although I did not expect this to work so well, it was actually very delicious and had a wonderous mix of flavors that just came together.

Maybe it was the heat of the chilli, which was not that hot, but somewhat that and the tomatoes had that simple acid that lifts the taste of the crabsticks and the veggies.

Truth be told, the prices were a bit high for a quick and fast casual dining experience, but for the price, you do get a full meal. They also make some great smoothies as well, as I had a mango smoothie which really washed everything down well.

For salad lovers and health conscious folks, this is a no brainer. For those who swear by meat, I urge you to have a go and be pleasantly surprised by the quality here.

1 George Street, #01-01,
One George Street, Singapore 049145
Opposite Speaker's Corner



Written, filmed, edited and directed by Silverchef Productions.
Shot and edited entirely on Apple's Iphone 4 in Speaker's Corner.
No falafel was harmed in the shooting of this video.
"Magic" performed by Colbie Cailat.

2 comments:

  1. I am very glad that you converted! I wasn't a big salad person myself, but my girlfriend is just the goddess of salads. I have never tasted any salad better than hers. I hope to hear more of you!

    ___
    International call

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jimmy for dropping by, do check out the site soon for more reviews :)

    ReplyDelete